- ONTAP 9
- MetroCluster IP
- Cisco Nexus 3132Q-V network switch
- Cisco Nexus 3232C network switch
- Power supply issue reported on cluster network switch
- Cluster Switch Health Monitoring (CSHM) reports following health alert
"PowerSupply" on switch "switch name" is missing or is not operational.
- EMS messages observed
[netapp-01: cshmd: hm.alert.raised:alert]: Alert Id = SwitchPowerFail_Alert , Alerting Resource = switch name/PowerSupply raised by monitor cluster-switch
[netapp-01: mgwd: callhome.hm.alert.major:alert]: Call home for Health Monitor process cshm: SwitchPowerFail_Alert[switch name/PowerSupply].
- Switch logs indicate PSU issue
Chassis has 2 PowerSupply Slots --------------------------------------- PS1 fail/shutdown Power supply type is: 7005.60W 220v AC Model number is N2200-PAC-400W H/W version is 1024.0 Part Number is 341-0375-07 Part Revision is A0 Manufacture Date is Year 2016 Week 22 Serial number is XXXXXXXXXXX
- Corrective actions recommended by health alert were carried out
Cluster::> system health alert definition show -node <node name> -monitor cluster-switch -alert-id SwitchPowerFail_Alert
Class of Alert: SwitchPowerFail_Alert
Severity of Alert: Major
Probable Cause: Power_supply_failure
Probable Cause Description: "$(cluster_switch_power.psu-name)" on switch "$(cluster_switch_power.device)" is missing or is not operational.
Possible Effect: Power supply redundancy on switch "$(cluster_switch_power.device)" might be lost.
Corrective Actions: 1) Ensure that the power supply units supplying power to the switch are turned on.
2) Ensure that the power cord is securely connected to the power supply of the switch.
- Power supply reseated