- All Brocade switch hardware platforms
- All Brocade Fabric OS firmware platforms
- Brocade ports require an assigned license for use, which is accomplished through ports on demand (POD) licensing.
- POD licensing methods:
- Static - licenses a particular range of ports whether enabled or disabled
- Dynamic - license a port or ports as they are brought online
- Dynamic Ports on Demand (DPOD) does not require any predefined ports for assignment.
- The POD feature automatically assigns POD licenses from a pool of available licenses
- The following procedure describe how to enable DPOD usage: