- All Platforms
- ASA systems
- AFF systems
- FAS systems
After the SP/BMC update is complete, the SP/BMC is automatically rebooted. You do not need to trigger an SP/BMC reboot manually.
- This is expected behavior.
Firmware update will need to reboot the SP on completion. If your console connection is through the SP, it will be disconnected.
- To display the SP/BMC update status, including whether an update is in progress, the update start and end time, and the completion percentage:
system service-processor image update-progress show -node node1
Latest SP Firmware Update Start Timestamp: 7/18/2017 12:22:37
Latest SP Firmware Update Percentage Done: 100
Latest SP Firmware Update End Timestamp: 7/18/2017 12:28:14
Is Update in Progress: no
- Verify that the SP/BMC is online and running the intended version:
system service-processor show -node node1
- This is covered on mysupport.NetApp.comSystem Firmware & Diagnostics Downloads Firmware
- The download page will provide the steps to update your SP/BMC