- ONTAP 9.1
- OnCommand System Manager 9.1
System Manager provides the following 2 menus for DNS configuration and their purposes are different.
- Configuration > Configuration Updates > Edit DNS configuration
- This is cluster admin SVM level configuration.
- This DNS configuration is used by the cluster admin SVM when it connects SMTP, NTP servers, and so on.
- This DNS configuration is not used by data SVMs.
- Storage > SVMs >select one of SVM and click [SVM settings] > DNS/DDNS
- This is data SVM level configuration.
- This DNS configuration is equivalent to the configuration written in Configuring DNS services for the SVM.