- AFF A900, AFF A800, AFF A700s, AFF A700, AFF A400, AFF A320, AFF A250, AFF A220, AFF A200, AFF C190
- FAS9000, FAS8700, FAS8300, FAS8200, FAS500f, FAS27xx, FAS26xx
The e0S interface is an interface in newer FAS and AFF storage systems.
Conceptually, e0S is an ONTAP interface on a node that is used for internal communication with its service processor (SP) or baseboard management controller (BMC).
- It is auto-configured with hard-coded IP addresses in the 192.0.2.x subnet.
- On most platforms, it is used for SP FW updates and error condition reporting.
- On many BMC-based platforms, this internal subnet is used for HW-assisted storage failover, as well (since both nodes' e0S interfaces and BMCs can see each other internally).
The IP addressing is static and automatically configured on all related Ethernet interfaces: