Unable to connect FC initiator port to the Tape drive directly
- ONTAP 9
- FC initiator port
- HP MSL 1/8 G2 Autoloader Tape Drive
- FC initiator port does not come up, when it's directly connected to the tape drive
slot 0: FC Host Adapter 0e (QLogic 8324 rev. 2, L-port, <OFFLINE (hard)>)
SFP Capabilities: 4, 8 or 16 Gbit
Link Data Rate: N/A
- By default Tape drive speed is set to 8g, Ontap port is auto negotiated.
- It's a switchless connection, Tape Drive is compatible
- FC Port is configured as an initiator.
- SFP and cable were reseated/replaced.