- AFF A400
- AFF A700s
- AFF A800
After inserting a motherboard (listed above) into the chassis and closing the levers, the motherboard may not fully engage the backplane and will fail to boot up.
After maintenance, such as a replacement of a FRU (NVRAM card, NVRAM battery, RTC battery, DIMM, fan, boot device or PCIe adapter card) on the known-good motherboard, or a replacement of the motherboard itself, you could misinterpret the symptoms as a failed motherboard.
Symptoms may include one or more of the following:
- The serial console port has no activity (no boot messages, no POST, no LOADER prompt, etc.)
- The BMC is unresponsive using the serial port (after issuing Ctrl-G) and the Ethernet port
- Fans may or may not turn on
- Some external and internal LEDs may light up
- Upon motherboard removal, the CPU and DIMMs may be cool to the touch