- All FAS systems
- All AFF systems
- Yes. Data ONTAP allows mixing of drives in any RAID group.
- Block checksum drives can be added to either a block or zoned checksum RAID groups.
- Zoned checksum drives can only be added to zoned checksum RAID group
- While it is possible and legal to mix drives of differing sizes, it might not be advisable to do so.
- There will likely be a performance impact once the small disks have become full, as all new writes will go only to the larger drives.
- It is not possible to add a disk larger than the dParity disk to an existing RAID-DP group and have its full size usable.