All E-Series platforms
E-Series default management port IP behavior:
- E-Series controllers ship with DHCP enabled by default. If a controller is unable to obtain a DHCP address on a given network port, it will revert to a default static IP address. This process can take up to 3 minutes.
- Default static IP addresses are not persisted across link-down events when a network port on a controller is set to use DHCP.
- If a port is configured for DHCP the controller will attempt to obtain a DHCP address on every link-up event, including cable insertions, reboots, and power cycles.
- Any time a DHCP attempt fails, the default static IP address for that port will be used.
- When using DHCP, the recommendation is to use a permanent DHCP lease.
- When using static IP addresses it is recommended to set a static IP using SANtricity. Once a static IP is configured, it will persist through all link down/up events.
- After changing the management IP address, the SANtricity management software might be unable to connect to the storage array.
- Remove the storage array from the Enterprise Management window and then add it again.
Additional information about the default management port IP addresses can be found on this article.