- The controller is physically in the slot. An amber light is illuminated on the controller chassis.
- The Recovery Guru reports:
Drive Tray - Loss of Path Redundancy
Volume Not On Preferred Path
- The Major Event log shows multiple instances of this pattern:
Temperature sensor removed
Degraded wide port becomes failed
Controller wide port has gone to failed state
Drive tray path redundancy lost
Dedicated mirror channel failed
Start-of-day routine begun
Start-of-day routine completed
- All the lights on the controller are turned off.
- There is no serial output for the affected controller.