All E-Series platforms
This article describes how to power off and on an E-Series array.
When moving the system to a new location, data center upgrades, hardware replacement, or upgrades.
- Halt Host I/O
- Perform any additional steps required on host, such as unmounting file systems
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- Ensure there are no background operations in progress
- SANtricity Storage Manager: Monitor > Reports > Operations in Progress
- SANtricity System Manager: Home tab > View Operations in Progress
- Turn off both power supplies in controller-drive enclosure
- Wait for LEDs to go dark
- Turn off both power supplies in each Expansion enclosure
- Wait for 2 minutes for drives to spin down
At this point, disconnect the cables and start moving/removing hardware, or perform any FRU activities.
- Power on all Expansion enclosures
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow drives to spin up
- Power up controller-drive enclosure
- Wait for 3 minutes
- Reconnect cables, if required
- Resume host activity