All E-Series platforms
This article describes how to power off and on an E-Series array.
When moving the system to a new location, data center upgrades, hardware replacement, or upgrades.
Perform the following steps:
- Halt the Host I/O.
- Perform any additional steps required on the host, such as unmounting file systems.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- Ensure there are no background operations in progress
- SANtricity Storage Manager: Monitor > Reports > Operations in Progress
- SANtricity System Manager: Home tab > View Operations in Progress
- Turn off both power supplies in the controller-drive enclosure.
- Wait for the LEDs to go dark.
- Turn off both power supplies in each Expansion enclosure.
- Wait for 2 minutes for the drives to spin down.
At this point, disconnect the cables and start moving/removing hardware, or perform any FRU activities.
- Power on all Expansion enclosures.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the drives to spin up.
- Power up the controller-drive enclosure.
- Wait for 3 minutes.
- Reconnect the cables, if required.
- Resume the host activity.