- SANtricity OS Controller Software
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) is configured for automatic synchronization of the controller clocks with an external host using Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP).
- When this feature is enabled, the controller periodically queries the configured NTP server, then uses the results to update its internal time-of-day clock.
- If only one controller has NTP enabled, the alternate controller periodically synchronizes its clock with the controller that has NTP enabled.
- If neither controller has NTP enabled, the controllers periodically synchronize their clocks with each other.
Note: You can use a static IP address, either IPv4 or IPv6 addresses, to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server, or you can use a domain name as long as a DNS server is also configured.