- VMware 6.7u3
- VMware Physical Raw Device Mappings (pRDM)
- It is not required to install the E-Series DSM for Windows in VMware environments when deploying physical RDMs (pRDM).
- VMware ESXi is responsible for managing the multi-pathing. However installing the DSM inside the Windows guest will not harm anything either.
Difference between physical and virtual RDMs
- pRDM: Allow the guest operating system to access the hardware directly.
- vRDM: Allow the virtual machine to use VMware snapshots and other advanced technology.