- vSphere APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA)
- virtual volumes (vVols)
- Virtual Storage Console (VSC)
The procedure to rename Flexvols that are backing vVol datastores is the following:
- Change Flexvol name from system manager/CLI
- Perform a rediscovery from VSC and VASA webcli
- Click "rediscover all" from VSC GUI Storage Systems menu
- Connect to VASA webcli via https://<vasa-ip>:9083 and execute the command "cluster rediscover"
- Confirm volume got renamed
- Execute the command “cluster list” from VASA webcli
- In the vSphere client select storage >> vvol datastore in question >> configure >> ONTAP storage >> confirm you see the new volume name
- If the volume is not showing the new name, then rescan storage in vSphere
Although this procedure is expected to be non-disruptive, we recommend taking a snapshot of the VASA virtual machine prior to the execution of the above action plan.