- Storage Replication Adapter
- NetApp VASA Provider for OTAP
The FAS/V-Series Storage Replication Adapter (SRA) and VASA Provider (VP) service sets SNMP traps for the purpose of triggering storage discovery whenever a trap is fired for the following events:
- Volume move
- New volume
- Aggregate relocation
- Takeover/giveback [Failover monitoring]
- LUN operations
This allows the service to keep a constant and accurate inventory of storage objects in the ONTAP cluster.
SRA by default will:
- Run a periodic rediscovery
- Will also run an automatic discovery whenever the administrator triggers a failover or testfailover
You may disable setting SNMP traps if you do not desire them, or if your environment does not support it.
Note: If you enable FIPS mode on an ONTAP Cluster, this will disable SNMP support. Additionally:
- Any VASA or SRA actions will fail with the following error message:
"Error - StorageFault: Failed to create SNMPv1 traphost "xxxxxxx". Reason: Cluster FIPS mode is enabled (errno=40203)".
- You will need to disable SNMP traps using the steps in this KB to resolve the issue.