Why does each FlexCache volume show different reserve size
- FlexCache volume only has data that is requested by the clients that are mounted to it, each cache’s data is different.
- These differences are a direct result of the client requests at the caches.
- FlexCache volumes need reserve spaces based on REM & RIM that make sure origin volume write-around/overwrite can be successful.
- Remote Entry Metafile (REM). A file at the origin that holds delegation information for all the files that are being actively cached in a FlexCache.
- Remote Index Metafile (RIM). A file at the cache that holds delegation information for all the files that are being cached at that FlexCache