system status show command should only be used by ONTAP Select, rather than ONTAP itself and that's why it won't print anything now.
- Command: system status show is for ONTAP select, it's not for physical storage.
- This command ONTAP internal calls ONTAP Status Service(OSS), OSS is divided into two parts:
1. ONTAP Status Service
2. Monitor Service ESX/KVM Hypervisor Monitor Plugins
- So two requirements have to be met if needs this command work.
1. Regarding the OSS service, you can control it as below:
*> system status restart -service
statd mond both
2. ESX/KVM montior needs to be enabled.