- ONTAP 9
- Clustered data ONTAP 8
Clustered data ONTAP uses two separate protocols for the purpose of antivirus scanning, in both cases connections will be initiated by the external antivirus server.
- HTTPS (TCP port 443) towards the management lifs configured in the antivirus connector
- SMB2 (TCP ports 139 and 445) towards the data lifs discovered by the connector
- The source IP address used by the antivirus to contact any data LIF should be one of those defined in the related scanner-pool
- If a special network has been configured to separate vscan traffic from user data traffic then is better to configure the firewall to allow the antivirus server to only reach the data lifs designated for vscan traffic
- The on-box ONTAP firewall must allow access to HTTPs in order for the ONTAP Antivirus Connector service to connect