Which LIF of an SVM will be used for VSCAN?
- ONTAP 9
- ONTAP AV Connector
- AV Connector will issue an API call to the management LIF configured for polling to collect all CIFS enabled data LIFs on the SVM
- From the LIFs returned it will attempt to connect to the SVM one-by-one in no particular order until a successful connection is established
- ONTAP AV connector version 1.0.5P1 introduced a new feature that allows to configure data LIFs directly
The LIF used to poll on the AV Connector depends on the "Scanner Pool Config Owner" option set on scanner pool.
- If "Scanner Pool Config Owner" is defined as SVM , then you must configuree the ONTAP Antivirus Connector with the SVM management LIF or the SVM data LIF
- If "Scanner Pool Config Owner" is defined as cluster, then you must have configured the ONTAP Antivirus Connector with the cluster management LIF