- Data ONTAP 8.2 7-mode and later
- clustered Data ONTAP 8.2 and later
- ONTAP 9
- The Autosupport user account is created at system initialization
- The Autosupport user account is only used internally by ONTAP for AutoSupport OnDemand (AOD) functionality.
- The autosupport user account is for internal purposes, only.
- It cannot be used to access the cluster.
- AOD allows the NetApp Technical Support to remotely perform one of the following actions:
- Invoke an AutoSupport message
- Retransmit an AutoSupport message
- Change the polling interval with which ONTAP checks for new AOD requestsfrom NetApp
- Request a performance archive upload
- Request a core file upload