- NetApp Storage Encryption (NSE)
- Self Encrypted disks (SED)
- According to the HWU the disks in your system might support encryption, but it doesn't mean they are encrypted.
- If onboard or external key manager is not enabled(used) the drives will remain open (not encrypted)
- No additional action is required if you don't want to encrypt the disks.
- You can check if key-manager is enabled with the command
::>security key-manager key show
- If no keys are seen in the output it means OKM is not enabled.
- Understanding NetApp hardware-based encryption
- FAQ: NetApp Volume Encryption and NetApp Aggregate Encryption