- All NetApp FAS/AFF Hardware Platforms
- All Data ONTAP Versions
- FC Protocol
- Virtual machines on datastore connected via Fibre Channel experience continuous disconnections and slow response, even freezing, on single node. This can also happen on non-virtual infrastructure with FC volumes.
- Moving the volumes to another node solves the problem.
AEN 0x8048 (RECV_ERROR)messages frequently detected in event logs for the affected node, in specific FCP adapter. Example:
Thu Mar 05 21:20:10 CET [Cluster1-01: fct_tpd_work_thread_0: fcp.io.status:debug]: STIO Adapter:0f AEN 0x8048 (RECV_ERROR) MboxStatus1 0x200 MboxStatus2 0xc0
- Affected FCP adapters might have less
"received optical power"than the rest on the same node. Check this with the command:
network fcp adapter show -node Cluster1-01 -adapter * -fields sfp-rx-power
- No internal latency detected for the storage system.