- Data ONTAP 8 7-Mode
- Data ONTAP 8.1 7-Mode
- Data ONTAP 8.2 7-Mode
QoS is not available in Data ONTAP 7-Mode systems; however, you can still collect some CLI data to review your current issue. Before you get into reviewing data, here are some common areas that might be beneficial:\n
- My CPU is high - is this bad?
- For more information, see KB: What does high CPU utilization indicate?
- Why are my HDDs busy?
- For more information, see the HDD Latency Troubleshooting KB: How to Assess Disk Response Times in ONTAP
- Some users experience a delay in accessing shares.
- FPOLICY Troubleshooting KB: How to troubleshoot pBlk exhaustion due to Fpolicy Server
- VSCAN Latency troubleshooting KB: How to troubleshoot pBlk exhaustion due to vscan server on Data ONTAP 8 7-Mode
- Antivirus Scanning Best Practices TR
- Detailed information regarding the issue at hand
- Shares, volumes, and nodes affected, and time stamps of when the issue occurred.
- Any error messages encountered, and where they were seen.
- Is the issue reproducible, random, or constant?
- When did the issue begin, and has anything in the environment changed recently?
- An example of a good problem statement:
- "We are having an issue with increased read latency on volume XYZ at 9 am this morning. Previously, we saw 10ms, and now we see 40ms. This is impacting our main business application and causing us to lose revenue"
- If you cannot capture while the issue is resident, attempt to capture the workload during a point in time which most closely resembles the time during which the issue occurred
- How to collect a Perfstat? (-t5 and -i5 are suggested for the time and iteration variables)
- For more information, see KB: Perfstat collection methods omnibus
- If you are on Data ONTAP 8.3 or above, send in a PerfArchive that covers the timeframe in question.
- For more information on how to submit a PerfArchive, see KB: Performance Archives: Performance First Failure Data Collection for clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 and later