ONTAP AV Connector
The following are some typical error-codes and the issue that they may indicate:
- (Incorrect function)
- This typically indicates that either the:
- Vscan feature was not enabled on the mentioned vserver
- The mentioned scanner-host-IP is not in the list of IPs in one of the currently active scanner-pool
- (The system cannot find the file specified)
- This usually indicates that the user-account of AV Connector service is not listed in the privileged users' list in one of currently active scanner-pools for the mentioned vserver
- (Can't connect to host (err=5)
- This usually indicates an access denied error. This can be seen in several places, check any corresponding EMS vscan messages for related errors. Verify that priviliged-user is set correctly and if account used AV Connector is setup properly.
- (GetOverlappedResult failed)
This usually indicates that
- SMB2 is disabled on vscan server as a client (RE: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2696547 run 'sc query mrxsmb20' to check for state)
- SMB2 has been disabledre-enabled on the vserver or vscan server. Verify that SMB2 is enabled on vserver and reboot vscan server to clear condition.
Read for more details:
- (Incorrect function)
- (The network path was not found)
This usually indicates one or more of the following issues:
- Scanner-host and mentioned vserver's data-lif are unreachable from each other
- SMB2 is not configured for the mentioned vserver
- SMB2 is not configured on the scanner host
- Time Skew exists between scanner and filer (more than 5 mins apart)
- Verify if any firewalls are blocking ports 445 or 139
- (The specified server cannot perform the requested operation)
- This message may indicate that A pathname greater than 2048 bytes was attempted
- AV Connector 1.0.4 should increase this limit to 4096 bytes.
- Without a fix for 1098898 , ONTAP will not send scan requests for path names greater than what is specified in the BURT.
- (The specified network name is no longer available)
- This message may indicate that the av connector is unable to complete a registration with the vserver data lif
- Check if firewalls or network ACLs are preventing communication on port 445
- Verify if proper SPNs are in place for vserver cifs server account
- (The network name is not found)
- This message may indicate that SMB2 is not configured for the mentioned vserver
- Check to see if DNS resolution on vscan servers are working correctly.
- Verify vscan server can locate and resolve service records for domain controllers.
- Incorrect username/password
- Username/password combination of the account running the AV Connector service is incorrect.
- (The user's password must be changed before logging on the first time)
- This message may indicate the user-account (security-context) of AV Connector service is not a valid domain user, or the password for the given user-account must be refreshed. In the former case, the issue may be confirmed by changing the user-account for the AV Connector to a valid and active domain user, which exists in the list of privileged-users in one of the currently active scanner-pools.
- Verify is the account used is traversing a Selective Authentication Domain Trust. If so, the service account will have to be provided permission to traverse that domain trust.
Error codes are not defined in this KB? Or not known? No problem.
- They are windows error codes.
- Go here to help translate: (External Site) Microsoft Docs - System Error Codes