- ONTAP 9
- NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP
- NetApp ONTAP Select
- This article is a starting point for understanding where a performance problem may be, and identifying other articles to help resolve the problem.
- Performance issues are typically:
- Job run time is longer than expected or job time is delayed
- Slower than expected throughput
- Higher than expected latency
- High read latency, high write latency, or high other latency is seen on the client/application side or ONTAP side
- Utilization is higher or at 100% of a processing center (CPU/disk)
- Slowness on SAN or NAS, or slowness with CIFS, FCP, iSCSI, or NFS
- Sudden increase in latency, possibly due to increase in IOPs or workload
- Slow backups
- Degraded or poor performance
Note: For Data ONTAP 8 7-mode, please see this article.