- ONTAP 9
- FAS Models
- AFF Models
- ONTAP 9.x uses the netboot procedure to boot a version of ONTAP residing on a remote web server.
- The netboot procedure will allow a controller to boot to the ONTAP boot menu.
- From the boot menu, "(7) Install new software first." can be used to install new software to the Boot Device.
- You must have access to an HTTP server.
- You must have access to the NetApp Support Site to download the necessary system files for your platform and version of ONTAP software that is running on it.
Warning: This article is used to Netboot ONTAP. This procedure is not applicable to Netboot Data ONTAP 7G or Data ONTAP 7-Mode.