Name services fail due to multiple default gateways with the same metric
- ONTAP 9
- Clients are unable to access CIFS/SMB shares
- Unable to join SVM to Active Directory Domain (AD)
- Clients report the following errors:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request
system error 1311
- NFS clients are unable to mount exports that include host names
- Any protocol that relies on name services (LDAP, NIS, DNS) are impacted
Thu May 26 00:06:13 EDT [<NODENAME>: mgwd: dns.server.timed.out:warning]: DNS server <DNS_IP> did not respond to vserver = <VSERVER> within timeout interval.
EMS logs may include message which include the phrase: "No route to host"
[ 12] Failed to connect to <DNS_IP> for DNS: No route to host