- Data ONTAP 8 7-Mode
- Data ONTAP 7
- In NFS environments, it is possible to see sluggish performance for a single client, or subset of clients.
- This article discusses the different methods for troubleshooting client NFS performance for 7-mode and Clustered Data ONTAP.
- 7-mode: The command ‘nfsstat’ can be used to obtain statistics regarding NFS clients.
- This requires per-client statistics to be enabled, which entails some performance overhead.
- Therefore, these statistics are not as beneficial when the performance impact experienced is wide-reaching, as it could make the problem worse.
- For a smaller number of clients, the overhead is usually insignificant.
- To enable per-client statistics:
> options nfs.per_client_stats.enable on