- Product Model : FAS2552A-SSA-R6
- OS : Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3.1
- Data ONTAP classifies disks based on performance vs capacity and does not allow mixing.
- When attempting to add an FSAS disk to an aggregate made of SAS disk drives, the following error is displayed
Error: command failed: Failed to add disks to aggregate.
Reason: Disk type does not match type of disks in the aggregate.
- For more information on how Data ONTAP selects disks for aggregate creation, see KB: How does Data ONTAP select spares for aggregate creation, aggregate addition, and failed disk replacement?