- ONTAP 9
- AFF A700, AFF A700s, AFF A300, AFF A200 and later models
- FAS9000, FAS8200, FAS2650, FAS2620 and later models
- Typically a boot device replacement will follow the procedure outlined in the published AFF and FAS System Documentation Center.
- However, at times there may be a need to recover the existing boot device within the system.
- Determine if the AFF or FAS model has external USB support
- Follow the process to prepare a USB drive to use in the ONTAP boot_recovery procedure
- Download the ONTAP 9 image desired to install
- For the models listed below, download the Service Image (BIOS)
- AFF A800, AFF A700s, AFF A400, AFF A320, AFF A250
- FAS8700, FAS8300, FAS500f