- ONTAP 9
- Management Gateway Daemon (MGWD)
The article describes the best practice method for restarting the Management Gateway Daemon(Mgwd) process. Typically, there is no impact restarting Mgwd. It restarts automatically in a minute or less. However, for the extremely rare occurrence it does fail to restart automatically, using the following steps to allow command line access to troubleshoot.
If Mgwd fails to restart automatically, command line access on that node is lost until:
- The node is rebooted, or
- Mgwd is manually restarted.
Restarting the Mgwd process:
- Does not require a reboot or takeover of the entire node.
- Impacts only Mgwd services on that node. (See "What services does Mgwd handle?" for services.)
- Typically takes less than a minute.