- When a constituent of flex group is deprioritized and while promoting the flex group to re-participate in the volume-level background deduplication, it throws the below error:
AFF-01::*> volume efficiency promote -vserver <vserver name> -volume <flex group name>
Error: command failed: FlexGroup volume "<vol name>" in Vserver "<vserver name>" is not supported for promotion. Retry the command on constituent(s) of the FlexGroup, if required.
- A volume or constituent of a flex group gets deprioritized while having the efficiency policy with
autoand if it does not meet the below requirements,
- If volumes are not showing at least 15% savings even after scanning more than 20% of the volume nominal size.
- Has frequent overwrites.
- Below is the command to check state of the constituent,
AFF-01::> volume efficiency show -vserver <vserver name > -path /vol/<constituent>
Auto state: Deprioritized
Inline Compression: Disabled
Incompressible Data Detection: Disabled
- The deprioritized volumes or constituents will no longer participate in the auto policy. Change logging on deprioritized volumes is disabled, and metadata on these volumes is truncated.