- VMware ESXi server
- vSphere Client
This document is meant to serve as a visual quick start guide for installing NetApp's Data ONTAP Edge platform inside of SoftLayer with the supported hardware configuration. It is not intended to be a replacement for the standard installation, configuration, and administration guides provided by NetApp, SoftLayer, and VMware.
Requirements and Knowledge expectations:
- Active SoftLayer cloud account in the IMS cloud management portal
- Supported Intel Based Server listed below E5-2650
- NetApp ONTAP Edge platform license and software (available on mysupport.netapp.com)
- VMware ESXi server and vSphere Client. See the Data ONTAP Edge storage solution within the NetApp Interoperability Matrix Tool (IMT) for supported versions.
- Microsoft Windows Jump Host
- Putty (recommended)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory (required for CIFS), DNS (optional, but very helpful)