- ONTAP 9
- This article describes the procedure that should be followed to enable file and folder auditing for files and folders accessed, modified, or deleted using NFS (NFSv3 or NFSv4)
- In order for ONTAP to audit NFS events, NFSv4 has to be enabled when you run the
vserver nfs createcommand.
- Once the ACL's are applied to the files/directories, NFSv4 is no longer a requirement for the mount or SVM
- Depending on the environment and which NFS versions are enabled, this KB will provide optional steps to disable v4 functionality. NFSv3 events will continue to be audited after v4 is disabled
- This will create an XML files that will grow to no larger than 100M in size. (100M is the sized specified in the NFS Best Practices TR Page 69)