- NetApp Technical support have been asked to investigate the cause of events that were resolved without the previous involvement of NetApp Technical support.
- In order to arrive at the root cause of an event, it is necessary to understand what was occurring with many different complicated subsystems and systems in a SAN fabric.
- In an effort to expedite the Root Cause Analysis of a past event that is already resolved NetApp Technical Support requests the collection of certain data items. Some of these are specific details and the rest is data from various SAN components.
- Collecting these items as soon as possible after the event helps ensure that the logs include have captured the time frame of the event for investigation.
- This article describes the procedure that should be followed to collect data for an RCA of a SAN event that occurred in the past.