How do I gauge the impact of enabling NVE or NAE on an existing system?
- ONTAP 9
- NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE)
- NetApp Aggregate Encryption (NAE)
- Use the headroom capability on the system as is (no encryption) to note where the existing performance is.
- Add an NVE or NAE volume (or convert an existing volume) and use the headroom capability once more to see what changes.
Note: Remember that NVE is per volume; therefore, you can encrypt or create one at a time based on the headroom and impact.
- You must install VE license and configure key management services before you can encrypt data with NVE
- Configure NetApp Volume Encryption overview
- FAQ: NetApp Volume Encryption and NetApp Aggregate Encryption