- Clustered Data ONTAP 8
- Data ONTAP 7 and earlier
The Data ONTAP Upgrade Advisor is a tool within Active IQ that will provide a plan with steps and commands to successfully perform a Data ONTAP upgrade or revert. The plan also contains context-sensitive links to the following:
- Pre and post-upgrade checks
- Issues and risk exposures
- Data ONTAP Release Notes
- Data ONTAP binaries
- Links to shelf module, system, and diagnostic FW
Note: AutoSupport must be enabled and working for the tool to work. Data ONTAP Upgrade Advisor uses the information within the latest AutoSupport available from the system to generate the plan. To enable or configure AutoSupport, visit the AutoSupport page on the NetApp Support site.
It is the
WEEKLY_LOG autosupports that the Advisor uses. Manually uploading ASUPs with that as the -message tag will be used by the advisor.
Creating a Data ONTAP upgrade/revert plan:
- Log in to the NetApp Support site and click Active IQ from the top navigation
- Click the link Launch Active IQ from the Active IQ page
- Follow the steps below to generate a plan:
|Data ONTAP 7 and 8 7-Mode Systems||Data ONTAP 8 Cluster-Mode Systems|