False alert "Storage shelf is not connected to both controllers of the HA pair"
- ONTAP 9.5 and earlier
- Nodes mentioned are properly cabled to the shelf and is accessible without any issue
- No other activities done during alert timing
- Cluster triggers the alert:
::> alert show
(system health alert show)
Resource: Shelf 3.0
Indication Time: Fri Oct 16 17:01:21 2020
Probable Cause: Storage shelf 3.0 is not connected to both controllers
of the HA pair (node_name-01, node_name-02).
Possible Effect: Access to shelf 3.0 will be lost with a single
Corrective Actions: 1. Halt all controllers that are connected to shelf 3.0.
2. Connect shelf 3.0 to both HA controllers following the guide applicable to your shelf.
3. Reboot the halted controllers.
- The cluster triggers the following alert:
HA Group Notification from XXXXXX(Health Monitor process schm: DualControllerHa_Alert[XXXXXX]) ALERT
- The following output can be confirmed from the EMS log.
[?] Sun Oct 11 00:00:44 JST [XXXXXX: spmd: spm.mgwd.process.exit:EMERGENCY]: Management Gateway (mgwd) subsystem with ID 87957 exited as a result of signal signal 11. The subsystem will attempt to restart.
[?] Sun Oct 11 00:11:36 JST [XXXXXX: mgwd: callhome.hm.alert.major:alert]: Call home for Health Monitor process schm: DualControllerHa_Alert[XXXXXX].