- Clustered Data ONTAP 8.x
- ONTAP 9.x
The feature described in this article provides the capability to backup and restore the configuration information. This feature depends on a number of other modules.
- It saves the generated backup files on the root volumes.
- It relies on cluster jobs to create cluster backup archives.
- It uses an FR service to copy the backup archives among the nodes in the cluster.
- It creates root volume snapshots when creating backup archives.
If any of these dependent modules fail, this feature will fail its functionality.
How to determine the cause of the failure:
- The following EMS message is generated:
- Message Type - Failure to upload a backup file to a remote URL.
- This message occurs when the configuration backup cannot be uploaded to the destination URL.
- Source - filer
- Sample Message -
Configuration backup file %s cannot be uploaded to the destination URL %s. Error: '%s'.
- Corrective Action: See the Resolution below