- NetApp ONTAP 9
- NetApp ONTAP System Manager
- NetApp Cloud Manager
- NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP (any supported public cloud provider)
- Local Tier (aggregate)
- Cloud Tier (object-store)
Getting 'Access denied' -error during FabricPool/Cloud Tiering related operations such as:
- Trying to create a new Composite Aggregate via Cloud Manager
- Trying to add a cloud tier to ONTAP
- ONTAP CLI
cluster1::> object-store config create -object-store-name my-s3-store -provider-type AWS_S3 -server s3.amazonaws.com -ssl-enabled true -port 443 -container-name jsiva-fp -ipspace Default -access-key <access-key> -secret-password <secret-password>
(storage aggregate object-store config create)
Error: command failed: Cannot verify availability of the object store from node cluster1-02. Reason: Access denied.
- Trying to attach a cloud tier to a local tier
- ONTAP CLI
cluster1::> storage aggregate object-store attach -aggregate aggr2 -object-store-name StorageAccount
Warning: Once an aggregate becomes a FabricPool, there is no way to reverse the
process and make it a non-FabricPool. Do you want to continue?
Error: command failed: Cannot verify availability of the object store from node
cluster1-01. Reason: Access denied.
- ONTAP System Manager