- FAS/AFF (not Cloud Volumes ONTAP)
This action plan can be used during an upgrade or revert, if one of the following error messages is reported:
- During an ONTAP upgrade, the system reports on the console a dirty shutdown occurred and the default boot image was not modified:
Warning: A clean shutdown did not occur and the default boot
image was not modified. To change the default boot image,
the operation must be followed by a clean shutdown.
- While attempting a giveback to a node after it was rebooted for an upgrade,
Error: Failed to initiate giveback. Reason: HA partner RAID or WAFL label versions are older than this node's labels. Run the "system node image show" command to determine which image on the partner should be booted to be compatible with the local node.
- The system reports the following Auto-giveback error message:
Auto-giveback canceled because the HA partner is using a lower Data ONTAP version than the local node.
- Panic reporting the version of the root aggregate file system is not recognized (Most likely to occur during a revert):
PANIC : This version of Data ONTAP does not recognize the filesystem of the root aggregate.