- ONTAP 9
- System Security Services Daemon (SSSD)
- ONTAP works with clients that use SSSD
- ONTAP does not support algorithmic generation of UIDs and GIDs from SIDs via SSSD
- ONTAP cannot generate these UIDs and GIDs
- For name-mapping, or AUTH_SYS Extended Groups, the generated UIDs and GIDs must be queryable via an ns-switch source
SSSD's ID-mapping feature is controlled via "ldap_id_mapping = true" in the client's sssd.conf file.
TR-4835: How to Configure LDAP in ONTAP | NetApp "SSSD UID/GID algorithms (SSSD Active Directory provider)"