Do certain platforms perform better with NVE and NAE?
- ONTAP 9
- NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE)
- NetApp Aggregate Encryption (NAE)
- Yes. Hardware platforms with higher core counts perform better with NVE.
- For example, a NetApp FAS8080 is less affected than a FAS8040 for the same workload and the same number of active encrypted data volumes.
- In certain situations, on the higher end, the performance impact of NVE is negligible or unobservable.
FAQ: NetApp Volume Encryption and NetApp Aggregate Encryption