- Data ONTAP 8 7-Mode
- Data ONTAP 8.1 7-Mode
- Data ONTAP 8.2 7- Mode
- Data ONTAP 7 and earlier
- Will entering a disk sanitization license result in CIFS timeouts? If so, for how long?
Disk sanitization will only work on spare drives and ONLY when you actively enable it. So CIFS stays unaffected.
It is not automatic but uses the disk sanitize start command. It can be stopped at any given time using disk sanitize abort.
- What is the impact of entering a disk sanitization license on a metro cluster with many disks connected?
The license only enables use, so that should not impact in any way.
The Disk sanitization itself does not have a notable impact, because the format is performed by the disk, and the writes are done with a command that writes large chunks (10 MB) at one time, the same as zeroing. So there is very little bus or system interaction with sanitizing disks.
- Can both the nodes on a metro cluster use the same disk sanitization license?
No, two different licenses are needed for each node.
Note: The licenses are free.
- Disk Sanitization
- Data ONTAP® 8.2 Storage Management Guide For 7-Mode
- How to perform Disk Erasure, Disk Clearing and Disk Sanitization based on US DoD recommendations
- Are there new limits with disk sanitization in Data ONTAP 7.3?
- How to sanitize a storage system at the end of a lease or demo
- Master list for the platforms