- ONTAP 9
The resource headroom statistics which includes the utilization, operations and latency values provides headroom guidance on a per resource basis.
Workload statistics provide details of how much of a given resource certain workloads are consuming.
- Selecting the best resources (node/aggregate) for a new workload
- Selecting the best destination resources for moving an existing workload
- Helps to determine when a resource has reached capacity, or is overloaded
- When selecting the most appropriate destination resources, the confidence factor provides guidance on the accuracy of the current headroom values
- Help identify workloads which are too high for a given node.