- You can upgrade an ONTAP image not capable of encryption (NODAR) to a version of ONTAP that does support encryption (DAR) including the same major and minor versions.
- Download and install the DAR ONTAP image manually.
- The manual nondisruptive upgrade (rolling method) using CLI for ONTAP upgrades must be followed and requires a reboot of the nodes in the cluster.
- Which ONTAP image should I download? Non-restricted Countries or Restricted Countries?
- How to identify if the running ONTAP version supports NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE)
- How to determine if the running ONTAP version supports NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE) via AutoSupport data
- Obtaining ONTAP software images