Data ONTAP 7 and earlier
Can mount the filer from HP client
Cannot mount the filer from SUN client
Error message: NFS server not responding
Attempt to isolate the problem by completing the following steps:
filer> options nfs
Note: There are other NFS related options, but the ones above are most relevant for traditional NFS clients.
For example, to manually mount using NFS version 2, on some NFS clients:
mount -F nfs -o vers=2 filer:/vol/vol0/data /mnt/data
- If the UNIX hosts are on different physical networks, check whether the problem host has connectivity to the filer. Contact your Network Administrator for assistance.
- If another UNIX host of the same type exists, check that it can mount successfully.
- Determine if each type of UNIX host supports the same NFS transports and protocols. (For example, versions, TCP versus UDP, largest/smallest TCP transfer size, etc.) Refer to the respective vendor documentation for details.
- On the filer, view the NFS related options. Enable and configure as appropriate. Refer to the options man page or Command Reference Guide for more details:
- Try manually mounting the filer volume by explicitly assigning the desired NFS versions, transports and/or transfer sizes.
- If problems persist, contact the vendor of the NFS client that cannot mount the filer to investigate the issue.