- Any version of Data ONTAP Operating in 7-Mode
- ONTAP 9, 9.1, and 9.2
- Volume(s) exported using NFS, or shared via CIFS
- Certain applications, such as SQL server and SAP HANA, issues large truncations to files as part of reclaim operations
- An error about a long Consistency Point (CP) may be logged in the controller.
Note: For more information on a CP, please see our Consistency Point article.
- There will be write latency in seconds or more.
- In extremely rare cases, the controller will hang and panic due to this condition.
- Either Support will identify this bug, or if there is a panic this bug will be identified.