- NetApp Element software
- NetApp SolidFire Active IQ
- To find the alerts in Active IQ, go to Reporting > Errors
- For unresolved alerts: sort on Date
- For resolved alerts: sort on Resolution Time
- Alternatively filter on the Alert ID from the email
- To identify a cluster master migration:
- In Active IQ go to Reporting > Events
- Filter for clusterMasterEvent
- Note: The event list only keeps track of the last 10 000 events. If overwritten already, NetApp Support can still trace further back in time from the storage logs.
Please keep in mind this article only explains the behaviour of the delayed email and does not address the origin of the alert. Further investigation may still be required what triggered the alert.
This article also only relates to isolated instances. If the alert emails keep recurring, please see Repeated alerts from SolidFire cluster which have been resolved.
Example of notification mail:
Alert ID: <#> --->> Substantial difference between the time stamps
Cluster: <CLUSTER NAME>
Occurrence Time: 2021-07-06 15:42:30 UTC
Notification Time: 2021-07-21 19:51:51 UTC
details: The SolidFire Application cannot communicate with Storage node having node ID 1.