E-Series SANtricity Software
- The Access LUN (UTM LUN):
- Is mapped by default
- Only function is to allow in-band management
- Allows SCSI commands to be translated to symbol commands for SANtricity management for SAN ports
- I/O operations not supported on UTM LUNs
- If storage is only managed by Out-of-Band Ethernet connections
- Unmap the Access LUN
- Linux OS will allow blacklisting of the UTM LUN in multipath.conf file
product "Universal Xport"
SANtricity Software Express Configuration for Linux goes further into this on page 17.